Gynecomastia

During the adolescent stages males, some males experience growth in breasts for various reasons. Even though it is expected that this does not become permanent, in some people it will and this is called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can also be developed in the later years for men, due to tumors, hormone discrepancy and/or medication used for different reasons. Due to these, a pre-examination must be done by the doctor and determine which stage the gynecomastia is at.

How is the operation performed?

Growth is limited in gynecomastia’s first phase and there will be no drooping and/or looseness. If the patient is only experiencing accumulation of fat around the nipples, this can be fixed with liposuction. If there is tissue growth around the breast and nipple and not just fat accumulation, then a small piece of this tissue will be removed via an incision, and sent to a pathology for further investigation.

In the second phase of gynecomastia, the breast will appear in the shape of a womens breast however there will be no drooping. This can also be resolved with liposuction. In the third phase of gynecomastia, drooping will be present and this will require an operation to remove the excess skin. If the skin is has elasticity, the opration will be done via a small incision in the nipple, however if the patient is older and the skin has lost its elasticity, then a half-moon cut will be opened under the breast area to remove the excess skin. Operation will last approximately 1 hour and patient will be discharged on the same day.

Tedavi Süresi Nedir?

80% of the gynecomastia can be resolved with liposuction. The rest of the 20% will be done via an operation which will require a small incision. Patients can be released from the hospital on the same day.

After the operation, a drain will be inserted for 24-48 hours to duct out blood and liquid accumulation. A corset will be worn to keep the operation area tight. This corset is easy to use and must be worn for 1 week. It is recommended that this corset be worn for 5 weeks during heavy activities. The swelling, sensitivity and bruising that will occur after the operation will start to diminish after 2-3 days. There may be some numbness, burning, pins and needles after the operation. Patients will be able to use a pool or go into sea water after 2 weeks however must refrain from using the sauna, solarium and heavy sporting activities for 6 weeks after the operation.

Bu yazı sizin için yararlı oldu mu?

ASK YOUR
DOCTOR

Body Shaping with Laser Liposuction

The latest technology in body shaping operations Information about laser liposuction.

More

All information and developments about aesthetic surgery in our YouTube videos. Subscribe to our YouTube page to follow!

SUBSCRIBE

SIKÇA SORULAN SORULAR

KAFANIZA TAKILAN SORULARIN CEVABI BURADA

Estetik operasyon ve uygulamalara dair pek çok sorunun cevabını burada bulabilirsiniz.

Devamını Oku
CALL NOW